Move Folder and Contains

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Move Folder and Contains Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 am • by Paul1762
I have searched the forum and have not found an answer to my issue...

I am trying to create a rule that will run on a external drive and move the Folder / Sub Folder / Files to another drive...

I have tried the Kind is Folder and Sync, however I have not found it to work... it maybe the way I am creating the rule...

Many thanks...
Paul
Paul1762

Re: Move Folder and Contains Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:28 am • by merol
Paul1762 wrote:I have searched the forum and have not found an answer to my issue...

I am trying to create a rule that will run on a external drive and move the Folder / Sub Folder / Files to another drive...

I have tried the Kind is Folder and Sync, however I have not found it to work... it maybe the way I am creating the rule...

Many thanks...
Paul

Add your external drive as a folder in the menu to left, add a rule "Kind is folder" and a move action on this rule. This will move your top level folders. If you want Hazel to go into the top-level folders and move subfolders in stead, add actions "Run rules on folder contents" and "Continue matching rules" (and read up on these in the manual), and add another rule that matches the folder you want to move based on depth, name or whatever. Alternatively add the sub folder directly in the menu to the left.
merol

Re: Move Folder and Contains Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:01 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you provide more details? Maybe an example of a file going through this workflow?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion