How to Automate TV Show Downloads and Rename Them

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Haven't been on this forum as often as I was,

1. On Mac version of Transmission on the management tab in preferences you can call any script you make to run on torrent complete. However due to my setup of three separate hard drives for music, movies & TV series/anime AND divided by public and private trackers. So the transmission specific script available here http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 1561#p3380 I don't know how or if it would work with the Pi version. Also I've cha my setup from ""-action copy" to symlink, saves hdd space and keeps seeding. I am now trying Hazel out to run a script when watched folders get "movie" files created in the last hour and not previously matched (to avoid loops in my seeding folders) but I keep getting errors, tweaking it but it'll take time, to get Hazel to work as here I read to check with filebot forum with the issue and filebot forum says to check Hazel forum. My script works on its own, but Hazel can't run it for some reason and running it as an embedded script has issues.

2. Plex is my media manager app and filebot supports telling Plex and/or XMBC to update libraries. Gallo is the server name, alternatively you could use "localhost" instead.

3. In the most recent version of filebot 4.5.3 as of this post, the command line usage, in this case with transmission postprocess, filebot just converts : to - haven't had any other weird series/movie naming issues. In the GUI version it just has you confirm or valid odd characters but the only character issue I've run into is the colon :
elgallo

Thanks for the response! I certainly know the whack-a-mole frustrations of roundtripping between the filebot forums and the hazel forums.

I figured out 2. and 3. on my own, but also have not yet successfully run AMC (Automatic Media Cleaner) from hazel.

let me know if you make any more breakthroughs, your setup has been very helpful!
redzep

no dice on the mac via Hazel, tried a few things such as "embedded script"

shell:#!/bin/bash (versus default "/bin/bash")

replacing the input(which follows after fn:amc to "$1" and a few other combinations. I'm going to try using an automator/applescript to open terminal and run my post process and see how that works.
elgallo

Previous

Return to Open Discussion