DropBox Notification System

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

DropBox Notification System Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:44 pm • by Zephyr
Greeting folks, I've been using Hazel for a while now as a simple mover of files from many shared Drop Box folders to BINs on my computer where they get handled accordingly. This works flawlessly. Files come in, they get moved and I get a notification telling me its time to get to work. However, I would like to notify the sender that the files have arrived safely. Sometimes one and sometimes hundreds of files can come in at a time. Obviously I don't want to send a hundred emails or post hundreds of responses. Ideally once every 24 hours an email is sent out with the filenames only that shows which files are here or a text file of the file names is added to the shared folder that the individual can then view if desired. Files aren't kept in the DropBox, they are moved out right away.

Zeph.
Zephyr

Re: DropBox Notification System Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:53 am • by Mr_Noodle
You'd probably need a scripts for to (a) write the files to a text file and (b) to email it out once a day. You can have Hazel trigger those scripts at the right time but there is no built-in way to do that specific logic.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: DropBox Notification System Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:03 am • by Zephyr
Thank you for the clarification. Cheers.
Zephyr

Return to Open Discussion