Feature Request: Ability to back up Rules

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Feature Request: Ability to back up Rules Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 pm • by jedibugs
So, I just got a new MacBook Pro. After loading it up using the Time Machine backup from my old Mac, I found that something was massively eating up my available RAM, so I thought I'd start over from scratch, with a fresh, brand-new OS X and just reinstall all the apps that I actually use, etc... Only to realize (after the fact) that I now need to redo over a hundred Hazel rules that I'd set up over the last couple years. Ouch. It would be seriously awesome if we could export them to a file to later restore all our rules from or, better yet, sync them to an external source, like a Noodlesoft server just for that purpose.

Thanks,

-Shawn
jedibugs

Re: Feature Request: Ability to back up Rules Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:51 pm • by Mr_Noodle
There is an export/import function. Just click on the gear/cog pull-down menu.

If you have access to a backup, go to the Library/Application Support/Hazel folder. All the files with the .hazelrules extensions can be re-imported if needed.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Ability to back up Rules Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:21 am • by jedibugs
Dude. You are so totally my hero. I'm gonna ry this a little later. I reckon I need to have all those folders back on first or it'll just freak out at me.
jedibugs

Return to Open Discussion