Is there a repo for uploading/sharing rules?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Is there a repo for uploading/sharing rules? Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:41 am • by Ruby
I am wondering if there is either a subdirectory of these forums for sharing completed rules, or an offsite repo (official or unofficial) at a site like GitHub for the same.

I realise that the rules would have to either be made available "as is" and that Noodlesoft couldn't condone them, unless there were some review process for moderators to ensure that rules uploaded didn't contain anything malicious. And obviously they wouldn't work for everyone because many rules are contingent on system setup and installs. But having a wealth of rules to consult as reference would be an invaluable learning tool for me and many others I'm sure, and would eliminate the need for so many help topics.

Thanks for your consideration.
Ruby

This forum is the best place. As you have realized, it's not straightforward for me to put up and maintain a site for this. Plus, again as your surmised, it's hard to come up with rules usable "out of the box" since many are tailored to a user's particular system. It's why the sample rules are as simple as they are. There are few rules I can provide that will work on any user's system from the get-go.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion