Two way sync - local folder to cloud folder

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place - this is my 1st time visiting the forums. I have been trying to set up a recipe to help me with the following situation and am having trouble. I have a local "documents" folder (with several sub folders) on my MBP and a "documents" folder on my iCloud Drive (which has the same sub folders). I have tried to create a recipe that will keep the contents of these folders updated with the latest files at all times. I would like to be able to work on a word document or excel spread sheet that is saved in the local "documents" folder on my MBP while I am at home, then when away from home use my iPad to access the same file from the "documents" folder on my iCloud Drive and pick up right where I left off at home. Then when I get home I would like to be able to access the same file in my local "documents" folder and pick back up where I left off on my iPad while away from home. In addition to keeping the latest version of existing files in each folder I would also like new files to be synced. The latest rule that I have tried (unsuccessfully) to use is:

If any of the following conditions are met (rule applied to the local "documents" folder):

1. Date Last Modified is after Date Last Matched
2. Date Added is after Date Last Matched

Do the following to the matched file or folder:

1. Sync into folder Documents (on iCloud Drive)

My questions are:
1. Does anyone have a recipe or recipes that would accomplish what I am trying to do?
2. If I want a local folder to sync to a cloud folder and a cloud folder to sync to a local folder do I need to create two recipes?
3. Any other suggestions you may have?

Thank you in advance for your help. Again, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong spot or if this is a dumb question.
smart_burro

I would not recommend Hazel for two-way sync. I would look for products that are specifically designed for that as they can do a better job of handling conflicts and such.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion