Change Folder Label if new content added.

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Change Folder Label if new content added. Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:45 pm • by joshetanner
I would like to give an indicator if any new content is added to a folder. Specifically, if I add a receipt to a reimbursement folder, I want it to have a label color added so the bookkeeper knows to look in it.
Any ideas on how to make this work?

On top of that, then, is there a way to remove the label through some means? Perhaps by all the content being removed, or "If folder is empty, remove label"

Thanks in advance.

Josh
joshetanner

Re: Change Folder Label if new content added. Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:17 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you want to match a folder, first off make sure you are monitoring the folder that contains that folder. The rules apply to the contents of the monitored folder, not the folder itself.

If you only want to color the folder if a file is added, you can go do "date modified is after date last matched" on the folder. But if you want something more specific, like only if a certain file is added, then you'll have to do something like:
Code: Select all
If (all) are met
    If (all) are met for (any of its subfiles...)
        <<<something to identify the receipt file>>>

To get the nested condition, hold down option while clicking the + button to create a new condition. That will match the folder if it has a receipt in it. For an empty folder, you can match based on subitem count.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Was able to use your suggestions to accomplish what I wanted.

Thanks for the great support!

Josh
joshetanner

Return to Open Discussion