Board Clarrification.

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Board Clarrification. Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:25 am • by Allsop
There have been a few instances of late where Mr. Noodle has asked people not to post in the Tips board inappropriately, see for example viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3893, but the questioner has apparently posted the question in the Support Forum where as far as I can see it is entirely reasonable for it to be so. This is either a mistake by Mr. Noodle or more probably the original question has been moved.
I wonder if it is possible for a clear statement to be made as to where various types of questions/comments should be posted and that statement be highlighted on every board? This I am sure would help as the instances of the problem of posting in the wrong place seem to be increasing and therefore the present advice does not seem to be effective. Just a thought 8)
Allsop

Re: Board Clarrification. Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:33 pm • by Mr_Noodle
They appear in support because I moved them there so it may look confusing after the fact. I set it to also leave a placeholder in the original place so that the original poster can find it but at some point I will purge those.

The main rule is no questions in the Tips forum. It is for people providing tips and recipes. Questions tend to drown it with noise and detract from its usefulness, especially when there are two other forums specifically suited for questions. The beta forums is for beta stuff though since it's less frequently used (though it will be active again soon *wink wink*) it's not as much an issue of people leaking beta stuff into the other forums.

It's less of an issue between Support and Open. I would say that Open Discussion would be better suited for general discussion about Hazel and features requests whereas support is stuff that people need specific help on but it's less of a big deal if people post issues in either one.

I'm considering making the Tips forum moderated where I have to approve posts before they appear there. That would stop the problem at the expense of the time I would have to spend looking at every post submission.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Board Clarrification. Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:00 am • by Allsop
Thanks for the clarification. As the ‘problem’ seems to be mainly connected with the "Tips & Tricks/Rule Recipe Exchange” board can I make the suggestion that its name is changed to "Tips & Tricks-Not for Questions”? IMHO “Rule Recipe Exchange” is not really needed as it is a tip or trick. This change would make it instantly clear and possibly save a lot of work by your good self in reminding folk :)
Allsop

Re: Board Clarrification. Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:52 am • by Mr_Noodle
I just changed it. It'll be an experiment so we'll see how it goes. Thanks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Board Clarrification. Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:43 am • by Allsop
Mr_Noodle wrote:I just changed it. It'll be an experiment so we'll see how it goes. Thanks.

Hope it works. :)
Allsop

Re: Board Clarrification. Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:59 am • by Allsop
Seems to have worked? :D
Allsop

Re: Board Clarrification. Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Seems like. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion. Of course, now I'm having to deal with a bunch of spambots but one problem at a time...
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion