Hazel Lightroom and Photostream

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hazel Lightroom and Photostream Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:18 am • by consiglieri
Hi
I am using hazel to import photostream images to a folder. This works fine. I would like to use Lightroom's autoimport function to import the images to Lightroom. However this presents a problem. Lightroom autoimport requires that I move the images to a folder that is not the folder being watched.

Lets say the folder that hazel imports to is "Importfolder", which in turn is a folder that lightroom watches and does auto import from. Now since lightroom can only do auto import if I set a folder for lightroom to move the images to ( in this example lets call it "Lightroom-photostream", this ends up with lightroom emptying in "importfolder" which in turn ends up with hazel reimporting all the images the next time the rule is run. Final result is that images are imported several times to Lightroom-photostream and hence to the lightroom catalogue. I have solved this by not doing autoimport but instead just manually importing from Importfolder.

My question is if anyone has found a workaround to this? Is there a way to prevent lightroom from having to move images when doing autoimport or is there a way for hazel to remember which images have already been processed even if they have been removed from "Importfolder"?
consiglieri

Re: Hazel Lightroom and Photostream Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 pm • by consiglieri
Hi
I managed to solve it. The simple answer was add a rule that says
"Date add" is after "Date Last Matched", Hazel then only picks up new photos. Works wonderfully.

:P
consiglieri

Re: Hazel Lightroom and Photostream Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:57 pm • by LTP
what rules to copy from sub to a folder, let's say "Photostream (copy from sub)"?
I lost the rules I used, when upgrading to yosemite....
Thx
LTP

Re: Hazel Lightroom and Photostream Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:44 pm • by JustRed
By any chance, would you be willing to share the recipe for this setup? It sounds perfect!
JustRed

Return to Open Discussion