iPhoto import - Group into Events?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

iPhoto import - Group into Events? Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:12 am • by priznat
Hi there,

I was wondering if there might be a way to have Hazel import a group of photos into a single event. Basically I dump photos from my phone or whatever into a "Picture drop box" folder and let hazel do its thing. Unfortunately in itunes get a new event for each photo. It is pretty easy to select them all and merge the event, but we're going for streamlined here, right? ;)

Even if someone could recommend an applescript snippet to run on the files that is kicked off by hazel, that would be outstanding.

Thanks!
priznat

Re: iPhoto import - Group into Events? Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:23 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Last I checked, iPhoto doesn't seem to provide any way to control events via AppleScript nor does it listen to the event preferences when importing via AppleScript. It's pretty annoying.

I've filed a bug with Apple. We'll see if anything gets done about it. Of course, if you find a workaround, I'd love to hear it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: iPhoto import - Group into Events? Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:07 am • by ToddJ
Has this changed with Snow Leopard?
ToddJ

Re: iPhoto import - Group into Events? Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Doesn't seem to any different. I forgot to follow up on this but Apple did respond and claimed it "work as designed". I don't agree but I can't do much about it from here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: iPhoto import - Group into Events? Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am • by ToddJ
Actually i found one in the applescripts that brings up your event and folder list from iPhoto. however, i'm not sure exactly how to build it properly. any suggestions?
ToddJ

Re: iPhoto import - Group into Events? Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Do you have AppleScript Editor installed? You may have to install the XCode tools for this (I forget if that's where it comes from). Otherwise, you can look for an AppleScript editor/compiler out there as I think there's at least one popular 3rd party one.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion