Updates?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Updates? Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:49 pm • by Tux234
I've just been noticing the lack of updates as of late, is Hazel going to get an update anytime soon? Not trying to criticize at all, I'm just wondering what's going on with my favorite program for the mac.
Tux234

Re: Updates? Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:18 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks for the interest. Was there a specific feature you wanted or just curious about updates in general?

Since the new year, I've been occupied more with the non-software aspects of the company. I've had to do two host migrations (the second one was not expected), implement and deploy a new store (sellling direct now instead of through Kagi), set up some marketing campaigns/promotions and also deal with taxes (it's that time of the year). I've tried to sneak in coding here and there but this is one of those times when the difficulties of being a one-man operation come to the surface.

Nonetheless, 2.2 is being worked on. The focus of this release is improving the more advanced usages of Hazel so in some ways, the new features and improvements will be better appreciated by current users than people evaluating Hazel for the first time.

The next couple months are going to be hectic, but I expect to have a beta out in the next month and a release soon afterwards. Keep an eye on the announcement and beta forums and if you have specific requests, let me know.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Updates? Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:38 am • by Tux234
Thanks for the reply. There really wasn't any feature in general, I was just wondering if there was still development going on. Yeah being a one-man show can get stressful; especially now-a-days when running a small business is almost impossible because of all the corporations out there. And I completely understand about the tax stuff hehe, as we all here probably do. Just do what you gotta do, and I know that when it comes time to get back to coding, Hazel will be better than ever before! :D
Tux234

Return to Open Discussion