Boolean Logic in Rules..or conditionals in actions(feat req)

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I'll throw in the request for conditionals in rules so that I can do things like "move my media files (wmv, mov, mp3, flv, etc) *if* they are older than a day. This can be done via "and" + "or" support ((wmv|mov|mp3|flv) AND "older than a day") or by using an "if" conditional in the actions (probably not the way to go since you're mixing actions and conditions)

With that said, is there any workaround for V2.1? i'd like to have hazel keep my desktop in order, but I don't want hazel to start throwing files around when I'm working with them for a little while, like when I'm downloading from one service and uploading to another, or I'm going to watch a clip and just delete it.

thanks!
adin

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:42 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Well, one thing you can try is to not use file extensions but instead use the different Kinds. You can match against the Music and Movie types. As for doing what you want specifically, you'll have to have separate rules like "Kind is Music and older than a day" and "Kind is Movie and older than a day". Having nested boolean logic is on the feature list but I can't say when it will go in but doing the separate rules for now should work.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I'd like to throw in another vote for nested boolean queries, since I have no rules activate without a few conditions first, so this would make my queries much less numerous.
Quine

Return to Open Discussion