All Rules Folder

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

All Rules Folder Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:06 am • by apsharman@mac.com
After doing a clean install of Mavericks, I needed to import my rules from my backup. The rules are all in the ~/Library/Application Support/Hazel which makes them easy to find. Unfortunately, you can't preview the rules before importing them nor can you see which folder they were assigned to. Thus, I had to import all of the rule files. This lead to lots of repeats and they are imported to the currently highlighted folder. I came up with the idea of creating an "All Rules" folder and importing them into it. I created my folder within the Hazel folder. After importing all of my rules, I sorted them alphabetically. This allowed me to find duplicates easily. Now when I apply rules to a new folder, I can find my rules quickly.
apsharman@mac.com

Re: All Rules Folder Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Why don't you use the export function? The files are named after the folder they come from making it easier to sort them out than using the raw hazelrules files in Application Support.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: All Rules Folder Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:11 pm • by apsharman@mac.com
I couldn't use the export without rebooting from my backup. Plus, I wanted a single place to search when setting up new folders.
apsharman@mac.com

Return to Open Discussion