why color labels in the finder do not change?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I set newly added file, disk image and archive separately labeled green, blue and purple.
But the color labels in the finder turn out to point to default folder movie, music and pictures.
why?
shawtsai

Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:16 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Have you tried previewing your rules? My guess is that they are matching a different rule than you think. Remember that the ordering of rules is important. The first rule to match is the one that gets run.

If you could describe the rules you are using, that might give me more insight into what's going on.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:16 am • by shawtsai
thank you for your reply.
My default folder is 'download' on the desktop.
The first four folders' rules are all movement, like the preset rule, "move to movies, music, pictures, documents", but i don't set color labels to them.
Then I labeled newly added files, disk images, archives in 'download' folder separately green, blue and purple.
something wrong?
shawtsai

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:33 am • by Mr_Noodle
I'm guessing if you check the preview, all those files are matching "Newly added files". You should re-order the rules. Basically, start from most specific and go towards the more general.

In your case, files that are disk images or archives, when they are newly added, will match the "newly added" rule first so move that rule past the other two.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion