Hazel sync with with delete files option

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Re: Hazel sync with with delete files option Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you give me the names of some of the files not being deleted? I do see some errors in the sync but not sure if these are for the files you care about (many of them are for hidden dot files).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel sync with with delete files option Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 am • by nicholasds
As I was testing to find a folder or file for you I saw this message in the Hazel log:

DEBUG: Ignoring event in directory /Volumes/SOLDIER/Art/Gnomon/Term 8/theJourneyBegins/scenes. Only need to check for changes 1 levels deep. Event is in directory 5 levels deep.

Does Hazel only check for 1 level deep? I have many many nested folder and files to keep everything organized?
nicholasds

It is an optimization since a vast majority of the time, you don't need to look that deep. The problem here is that it is being applied incorrectly. I'll need to take a closer look here as there may be some odd edge case causing this.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Actually, one thing to try is to do "Run rules now" to force it to execute. After that, see if it starts working normally.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel sync with with delete files option Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:55 pm • by leefur
I have sync working, but I need to sync files into another folder, not a whole folder. That is, I have, let's say:

FOLDER 1
FILE 1-1
FILE 1-2
FILE 1-3

Right now I have the Sync action on FOLDER 1, as noted here, and it copies FOLDER 1 to a destination directory which will then contain a matching folder called FOLDER 1. But I'm using an app (InVision) that needs files to be placed in a specific folder (called "Screens" in this case). So I need FILE 1-1, FILE 1-2, and FILE 1-3 to be synced into a folder not named FOLDER 1.

Possible?
leefur

Can you rename folder1 to "Screens"? Or can you sync the subfolders individually?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Open Discussion