Best scanner w/ Hazel

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Best scanner w/ Hazel Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:05 pm • by JustRed
A long time ago in a galaxy far away, I used a Scansnap. I forget the model, but it was moderately compact, but not travel size. Things seemed to work fairly well until 5 years in when Scansnap no longer supported the device and the drivers resorted the page order of my scans, really mucking things up.

This put me at a crossroads. Scansnap wanted me to buy a new scanner, though nothing was physically wrong with the one I had. Like others, including a post by PodFeet, I got angry at Fujitsu and wound up buying an Epson ES-200 on a few recommendations.

It's been... meh. The software isn't as robust. The scans are slower. They aren't as searchable for whatever reason. I've called Epson a number of time and it seems what I have is as good as it gets - unless of course, I buy another model.

I've noticed that Hazel seems to have had issues over the years with the Epson that I am not certain were there with the Fujitsu, however, I could be misremembering.

For those who have had both, I'd love to hear your opinion in regards to which you think works better with Hazel.

In fact, I'd just like to hear which scanner you'd think works best with Hazel and which you'd buy if you were in the market.

Thank you all in advance!
JustRed

Re: Best scanner w/ Hazel Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:33 am • by Mr_Noodle
I think any issues with the scans are because of the software and not the hardware. Note that there are third party OCR programs you can use instead of whatever one the manufacturer ships with their scanner.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Best scanner w/ Hazel Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:45 am • by JustRed
Thank you! Are there any that you like?
JustRed

Re: Best scanner w/ Hazel Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:29 am • by Mr_Noodle
I really don't OCR much as I receive all my bills in digital form. Search the forums here as some people have mentioned what they use.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion