Request: Disable Notification for Specific Rule

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hey Mr Noodle,

There are certain rules that I don't really want to be notified when they run. Is there a way to disable notifications for those specific rules?

If not, I'd like to make this into a feature request, please.

Thank you.
proactivematter

You cannot disable a single rule but what you can do is go into preferences, disable them for all rules then use the "Display notification" action on the rules you care about.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:You cannot disable a single rule but what you can do is go into preferences, disable them for all rules then use the "Display notification" action on the rules you care about.

Ahhh! Excellent. That makes sense. Thank you.
proactivematter

And sorry, but where should I place the notification action? Top of the folder and "Continue Matching Rules"? Will it behave the same as "Regular" hazel notifications - i.e., it Will show the number of files it is processing as it iterates?
proactivematter

It depends on what you want to be notified of. Regular notifications do not show the number of files being processed so not sure what you are expecting here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:It depends on what you want to be notified of. Regular notifications do not show the number of files being processed so not sure what you are expecting here.

Oh? Sorry, I guess I am mistaken then. I haven't processed large folders in a while but I was pretty sure Hazel showed that. I guess the answer is that "Per-Rule" Notifications and "Global" Notifications are functionally the same then. Thanks again.
proactivematter

Return to Open Discussion