Hazel on Synology DSM Docker/Package

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hazel on Synology DSM Docker/Package Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:01 pm • by Zefish
Just a thought here.. Long time Hazel user and just got on of those Synology badboys..

Hazel as a DSM app for synology would be killing it!!
When you think about it, it's like the perfect companion for NAS!

Think about it! :) It smell's fortune for ya :)
Zefish

Re: Hazel on Synology DSM Docker/Package Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not familiar with DSMs but if these run on the NAS itself, then it would be lacking a lot of features/functions that Hazel uses on macOS.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel on Synology DSM Docker/Package Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:44 pm • by Zefish
Well!, if I might take extra minutes of your time.

Last week I've bought the DS220+ as an extra helper for my Plex server but since then their software and operating software on the nas itself is soo good that it only took me a week to get hooked. I'm now finding myself wanting to buy their DS1821+ as a big home nas.
Long time Mac user here and mostly because their OS is just beautiful to look at. Being a photographer, design as always been important to me.

Never thought that a NAS would excite me but take a look at the software that comes with it just for a sec.
Synology Photos
Google Drive alternative with even and Office suite just like google!

There's already people looking for that solution! like this one

Now on the mac Hazel is amazing, but imagine the power of Hazel on a datacenter! Having a center datacenter that automatically sort/delete stuff on a family NAS would be life saving! Wouldn't have to configure each computer. I would love to get a self-hosted Google Drive with that kind of support :)

I'm not talking about command line stuff here. Synology comes with is own OS Graphical interface wich is not bad at all!

lol as you can see, I'm hooked. Hopefully that post will plan a seed!
Zefish

Re: Hazel on Synology DSM Docker/Package Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:47 am • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks for the details. It is a whole separate platform so it would be a massive undertaking (and I'm understating it here). And major features would probably be missing. I'm not seeing it but I'll keep an eye on it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion