Hazel to Evernote likely with KeyBoard Maestro

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I idly wonder if the challenge I have is the thing that will kill evernote for me. Oh well lets try.

Sometimes I find webpages that Evernote clip won't clip well (usually recipes). However they tend to have Print buttons that strip away the awful ads and extras. So I save to PDF. So far so good.

I know that Evernote killed off their AppleScripting for now and I sort of get why. So to files into Evernote and in the correct notebook, I need to some programming.

Hazel to recognize that there is a PDF. Then I went to use Hazel to call KM and with the filename. Then I have a KM script to import the file into the correct notebook in Evernote.

What I can't figure out is how to invoke KM with from Hazel. Presumably you will say AppleScript, which is cool. Can someone point me to sample AppleScript?
mlevison

Do a search on the forums as someone else may have one. Otherwise, you will need to consult with KM support on how to script it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle - I have done a search of the forum. I did it before asking a question.

I will admit a degree of frustration. When I returned to MacOS after 3yrs in Windows land, I hesitated with updating Hazel. You have only good file automation software on the Mac. However, support has always felt like - answer your own question.

Since KeyBoard Maestro is the other popular Mac automation tool out there, why not reach out to their developers and document this as part of the Hazel Documentation? Why is it that your users need to do the work?

- Mark
mlevison

Keyboard Maestro is not my product. I do not know the answer and given that there are a bunch of other products people use, and KB is not actually one of the top ones, it's not really something that is a good use of my time.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion