Feature Request: Individual folder notification settings

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

As per the subject, I'd like to suggestion an option (which I couldn't find in the settings) for each folder to have individual notification options. There's an option in the drop-down action menus to "Display notification" but I'd like it if there was one for "Don't display notification" as well, or just a checkbox, maybe one that reveals an extra pane or section for custom notifications?

Thanks for making great software. :)
abd

Thanks for the suggestion. There's no option for that now. While not ideal, you can turn off all notifications in the preferences and then use the Display notification action in the rules you care to get notifications for.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thanks. I might try that. I wasn't sure if the display notification option for the individual rules bypassed the global setting or not.
abd

I've just found this thread after posting a similar question.

I've turned off Notifications for Hazel in the Notification centre but even if I add a rule such as:

'Display Notification' with pattern: 'file,rule,folder' no notification appears at all.
tekguru

Does it show up if you open up notification center? Sometimes notifications will be sent but the OS will decide, for whatever reason, to not have them pop up.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Ah ha that does indeed seem randomly to be the case.

That adds weight I think go the argument that individual rule notification options would be useful. If it at least could be considered :)
tekguru

It has nothing to do with that. The OS determines which notifications to show and Hazel has no control over that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Okay fair enough...
tekguru

Return to Open Discussion