Feature request: Exclude option from payed upgrades option

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Dear Noodlesoft.

I like your software, I really do, but this really bugs me. Hazel like most software is so kind to remind you that there is a new version out or an update is needed for some reason. Since a lot of these software updates include security patches, most of us update.
That being said, I am not a big fan of surprises. I like security updates and patches, I do not like getting notified that my license no longer works after updating.
I understand that you as a company like to keep selling. Everybody needs to eat. But this way of pushing a new license does not feel nice. If I had any money I would gladly update, but I have no need for new features so if there is an update that my current license does not cover, please don't send me a push notification to update.

Sure in the fine print I am sure its mentioned but wel all know that nobody reads the small letters.

Please just give me a way to not get notifications for payed updates and only receive free ones.
Thank you.

p.s. it might be a good idea to have a download section on the site with a list of previous version of hazel that can be downloaded. saves the hassle of searching the forums. thanks
spawnreaper

The updater does tell you it's a paid upgrade. The other hint is that it won't actually update for you as it does for free updates. To update, you have to go to the site, download the latest version and install it yourself explicitly. There's only so much I can do to prevent people from not paying attention. Also note that the vast majority of people want to be notified so not notifying is not an option. Lastly, major versions are almost always a paid upgrade. That is standard practice with software.

You can download old versions on this page: http://www.noodlesoft.com/old-versions/

You can find it if you use the very underutilized search form on the support site.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

spawnreaper wrote:p.s. it might be a good idea to have a download section on the site with a list of previous version of hazel that can be downloaded. saves the hassle of searching the forums. thanks

It's literally the first result if you google "mac old hazel".
luomat

Return to Open Discussion