Bug in rule maintenance

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Bug in rule maintenance Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:31 pm • by Dunnowhen
OSX 10.13.6.

I created a rule with a simple based on matching KIND=Movie. That didn't pick up .mkv files so...

I modied the rule to.

If (any) of the follow...
the extendion lits for .mp4, . avi, .mkv

So far good.

I then decided to reorganise the cirterion list to bring one from the top to the bottom of all criteria.

Unfortunately, said criterion ended INSIDE the option list rather outside.

Since then I've not been able to a) Move that criterion from the option list to anywhere within the rule or b) delete the criterion or c) Create any other criteria that don't end up in the option list and which are themselves not deleteable. Only a REVERT will get rid these criteria.

I doubt it's related but doing a "Rule Status" only loops to show the 3rd level folder and not the folders and file below same.

A number of hours later...

Creating and editing a few more rules and I lost ALL my rules, or at least they are not visible, as there are some .hazelrules in the Application Support directory.

A few hours On...

Stopped the hazelhelper which the intension of reinstalling hazel 4.4.5 only to notice that my rules had (subject to some checking) returned.
Dunnowhen

Re: Bug in rule maintenance Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:37 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you post screenshots of this? I'm not sure what you mean by "option list" here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Bug in rule maintenance Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:00 pm • by Dunnowhen
Mr_Noodle wrote:Can you post screenshots of this? I'm not sure what you mean by "option list" here.

How do I upload an image? I can't see an option to enable me to upload one local to this site.

I don't have access to any image storage sites at this time if the method is to use reference links. Can you recommend one.

In the alternative..

all I meant by option list was

if {Any} of the following conditions are met for {The current file or folder}
{name} is {alpha}
{name} is {beta}
{name} is {charlie}
Dunnowhen

Re: Bug in rule maintenance Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:20 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Try imgur.com
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion