V5 License only good for one machine?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

V5 License only good for one machine? Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:07 am • by wunnspeed
Sorry if this info. is somewhere and I've missed it. I've searched a bit and also dug around some but can't find anything.

Used to be able to run my two machines in the house (one iMac and one MacBook Air) on one license. I tried loading the license into the second Hazel install and accidentally used the v4 license. No matter which one I now try to load I get a message about it being an old license and that I need to upgrade.

So, I could be at fault for accidentally loading the wrong license. If so, how do I remove the old one and install the new.... or, as I've questioned.... is it now a separate license for each machine.

Thanks....
wunnspeed

Re: V5 License only good for one machine? Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:17 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You can run on up to two machines. Details here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/what-are- ... -licenses/

Using the wrong license shouldn't stop you from using another one. Are you sure you are using the new license and not accidentally using the old license again?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: V5 License only good for one machine? Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:31 pm • by wunnspeed
Great to know on the two machines.

Nope on knowing whether or not I'm using the old license. I'll try it again tomorrow and let you know what happens.
wunnspeed

Re: V5 License only good for one machine? Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:59 am • by wunnspeed
Mr_Noodle wrote:You can run on up to two machines. Details here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/what-are- ... -licenses/

Using the wrong license shouldn't stop you from using another one. Are you sure you are using the new license and not accidentally using the old license again?

O.K., I just tried to add the new license to replace the other license and still get -

While Hazel will run in evaluation mode, this copy is eligible for upgrade pricing which you can view by clicking the “Purchase” button.
wunnspeed

Re: V5 License only good for one machine? Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:18 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you email the license file you are using to support?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion