New Installation - permission issue

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

New Installation - permission issue Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:13 pm • by brao
hi there,

i'm new to Hazel and I think this is the piece of software I was missing for my mac. I run demo now.

I set up simple tule when I what to take all file given type to root folder. Rules seems to be working properly, but I can see that file cannot be moved to desired location because of permission issue. I found on forum article touching this so I followed the instruction and added helper permission Full disk access (https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/giving-ha ... -on-mojave). I double checked that carefully, but I still suffer same error and cannot get the rule to work.
I tried to re-enter the permission.
I tried different folder on main disk.
I tried second disk.
all with the same result.
anyone has the same issue? I'd like to get it work. :idea:
brao

Re: New Installation - permission issue Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:19 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you provide more details? Can you post the exact text of the error you are seeing? Also, what are the source and destination folders?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New Installation - permission issue Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:28 pm • by brao
12:17 today : “Boarding088.JPG” couldn’t be moved because you don’t have permission to access “Roztriedit”.
brao

Re: New Installation - permission issue Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:19 pm • by brao
Folder "Roztriedit" in located on desktop on system drive. Guys can advise any troubleshooting steps?
brao

Re: New Installation - permission issue Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:03 am • by Mr_Noodle
Is "Roztriedit" the source or destination? If you try moving the file manually using Finder, are you asked to provide a password?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion