Error when running rules

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Error when running rules Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 pm • by Overkill
Hey everyone!

I'm still in the evaluation period of Hazel, and it worked fine at first but now I get this error message every time I run the rules:

2011-08-25 02:21:46.779 hazelfolderwatch[14289] Caught exception in rule evaluation of file avatar.jpg: Could not retrieve metadata for file: /Users/xxxxx/Downloads/avatar.jpg

and it's like that for every single file in the Downloads folder.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks!
Overkill

Re: Error when running rules Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm • by Mr_Noodle
It appears that your rule is matching against Spotlight metadata on the files but you have Spotlight disabled or the folder in question is put in Spotlight privacy settings. Go into Spotlight's preferences and make sure that the folder in question is not listed there. If that doesn't seem to be it, then let me know if you are comfortable using the commandline as further diagnostics require you to run some programs that only exist in commandline form.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Error when running rules Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 pm • by Overkill
Spotlight was not the issue. Interestingly enough, though, I did a fresh restart and the rules seem to be working now with no issues!

Not only am I still getting used to Hazel, but I'm also new to Mac OS X :roll: a little nervous about switching from Windows.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Overkill

Return to Open Discussion