Feature request - use the filenaming system in other things

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I use the unsupported openmeta feature in textexpander. But the could also be added to comments too.

I would like to use the system that is used for file naming in the text field that I write the open metatags in. They way I would use it is that I have PDF keywords that currently can be added to the file name, (it is and option in other) but it would be real nice to add those to the openmeta tags or the comments field. There are a lot of other goodies in other that someone might want to do the same thing.
justinkthornton

Having patterns for comments is slated for 3.0 but not for OpenMeta comments. Given that OpenMeta is unsupported, it's not a high priority item.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

That's good to know. I've got openmeta working via a complicated Automator/AppleScript workflow that is triggered by hazel. It's just way too complicated for my taste. But I am excited about 3.0. Hazel is a God send for me. I have ADHD. So staying organized, particularly with storing paperwork, is extremely hard and with the combination of Hazel, snapscan and Evernote things are a bit easier. Thanks for all the work you put into hazel.
justinkthornton

Return to Open Discussion