Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ???

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ??? Sun May 01, 2011 9:47 am • by eroxx
I'm looking into purchasing Hazel, but want to know if it's able to do this:

I have a folder that I call "Music to add to iTunes."
Once I add a file to iTunes, I want to delete it. Is there any way to create a rule to do that??
eroxx

Re: Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ??? Sun May 01, 2011 1:37 pm • by sjk
eroxx wrote:I have a folder that I call "Music to add to iTunes."

Do you know about: this?
sjk

Re: Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ??? Sun May 01, 2011 5:27 pm • by eroxx
I'm not sure what "this" refers to, but if it's the link someone put at the bottom fo the page, regarding iTunes' automatically download to iTunes folder, I'm still wondering how I would use hazel to put it there, make sure it gets imported into iTunes, AND delete it. ???
eroxx

Re: Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ??? Sun May 01, 2011 5:35 pm • by sjk
Yes, it was a link to my post about using the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder.

I'm not sure how to confirm files have been successfully added to iTunes so they can be deleted from another location.
sjk

Re: Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ??? Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 pm • by varyags
If you set iTunes so that it copies everything that's added to its own folders, copying the files to "~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Automatically Add to iTunes" leads to iTunes adding the files, and then deleting them from there.
varyags

Re: Wondering if Hazel can do this ... ??? Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 pm • by sjk
Thanks for the info, varyags. So, with "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" enabled in iTunes anything added to the Automatically Add to iTunes folder is effectively moved (copied, then deleted)? I have that option disabled, mostly so exported EyeTV exports added to iTunes are referenced in locations outside the iTunes Media hierarchy (which is too small to handle larger amounts of video content on a single volume that it's intended to be on, groan).
sjk

Return to Open Discussion