Rename a file using the information contained in a pdf.

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Sorry, for some reason missed that part. Can you check the logs?

- Launch Console
- Enter Hazel into the search field
- Click the message to start streaming
- Replicate the error and send me the resulting log messages.

As for your rule not working, again, you have separate custom table attributes. You need to re-use the same one if you want them to correspond to the same row in the table.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Seems to be some info missing. Can you export the rule and send it over?

Also, this is all separate from why your rule is not working. Again, you do not want to be creating new table attributes. You need to re-use the one you created so that they will match the same row.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

My table has dates / labels / amount
Still in my table the prices and labels can be similar, only the date can differentiate them.
For example a monthly phone bill.

It is thus necessary that hazel can make correspond the invoice with the good line of the table.
This is done by checking the price, the wording and finally the date.
If everything matches hazel can rename.
If it's not good he goes to the other line until the 3 conditions are met.
(I guess that's how it should work).

To do this, I have to define the following tokens, date, price and label.
They are the same as in the columns of the table.
But, to check the conditions above, I have to create tokens with the information of the table?
Because otherwise the search will only stop at the first valid information in the table.

So I imagined that once a label matches with the one in the table.
To be able to match the result of each column of the table to a text custome (this is where it bugs)
In order to validate the right line.

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/5b79b25 ... f8596a9408
hercut

As I've stated multiple times, if you want all of those to correspond to the same rule, you cannot create a new custom table attribute each time. You create it once, and each time you reference a different column, you add the one that you already created, not create a new one.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

That's what I do.

I'm working on the same table token.

The bug occurs when I want to create a token for each column.

I try to explain you the best I can the process I want and where it bugs.

I don't know how else to explain what I would like and the problems I have...
hercut

Unless you can give me a reason why you need to create a new table attribute for each column, I'd have to say you are doing it incorrectly. I've already explained that you should be re-using the same one. Please consult the manual on how to properly use the table attributes.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Well, help me to do well then...
That's the point of a forum.

If I come here, it's not to tell me to reread again the documentation I've already read...

I'm sorry to take what you say the wrong way. However, I try to give as much data as possible so that you can guide me as well as possible.

Also, you tell me that I am trying to use several tables, while I am only using one table on which I have to validate several information.
How to validate without using different token?
hercut

I am not talking about separate tables. You have multiple attributes (unnamed 1, unnamed 2, etc.). Stop doing that. Instead, re-use the first one you created. You can drag it in like any of the other attributes. They should all have the EXACT same name.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I understand what you are telling me,

But it doesn't work, or I can't do it...

Here is where I am:

I think you're going to tell me that it's not good for "montant", but I don't see how else to check if there is a "-" in the amount, for the moment it works, I think.

My problem is that I can't find the row in the table with the month "03".
The search is stuck on a line of the table, the month "10", but the right month should be "03".
In my .txt I have a line 04/03/2022 Free Telecom -39,99
and another one : 06/10/2022 Free Telecom -39,99
And even on one for each month. But my test is done with the document of the month "03".

I think it is difficult to understand each other also perhaps with my translated French, I apologize for the trouble.

Here are the captures:

hercut

I think the problem here is that there are multiple Montants with the same value and Hazel is matching the first one. I would suggest not matching against that because it is ambiguous. Can you come up with a more unique value that you can match against?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Hi,

could you remove the entire topic

Thank you.
hercut

Hello,

I would like you to delete the whole topic.
Because I can't do what I want to do and I think we don't understand each other.

And a small suggestion, which I think could really push the software further, is to be able to create your own tokens.
hercut

What do you mean by creating your own tokens that isn't already provided by the current custom attributes?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Well, for example, in my example, here in my file, I have in the file name a date: 20220130
Which I can break down into: year, month, day
However, I can't rearrange this date as I want in a new token for a search in the table (the date in the table is in this form: 30/01/2022)

Mr_Noodle wrote:I think the problem here is that there are multiple Montants with the same value and Hazel is matching the first one. I would suggest not matching against that because it is ambiguous. Can you come up with a more unique value that you can match against?

And no, as I've already told you several times, these are bank statements, so I'm bound to have the same wording several times with the same amount as well possibly (bill for a package for example).
This is why I am trying to explain to you that I would like to do (in my opinion) the search in the table in 3 steps.
A search of the wording, then the amounts and finally the date.
hercut

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion