Forums going off-line for host migration

The latest noodlings

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Forums going off-line for host migration Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:44 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I am currently in the process of migrating the Noodlesoft site to a new hosting provider. I am hoping to do the actual switchover sometime this weekend. During the actual switchover, I will be shutting down the forums. I am guessing the downtime will be around a few hours. The actual move should not take that long but it may appear to take longer as the new DNS entries propagate across the net. If you keep seeing that the forums are down for an extended period of time, it might be because your DNS is caching the old address.

Unfortunately, I can't give a more specific time on when this will happen. If you require support while the forums are down, email the support address. Email has already been switched over so there should not be any issues there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Forums going off-line for host migration Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The migration is for the most part complete. DNS needs to propagate across the net so for the next couple hours, you may be directed to the old site. If you are reading this, then you are on the new site.

You may have also noticed that the forums look a bit different. During the migration, I also upgraded the forum software. I had to re-do the "skin" for the forum. If you notice something off visually, or just not working right in general, then let me know.

Thanks for your patience during the transition.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Announcements