One of many great tutorials from Brooks Duncan over at documentsnap.com. This one shows how to set up a paperless workflow, from scanning your documents and OCR’ing to filing.
Here Brooks Duncan at DocumentSnap.com shows how to set up Hazel to create notes in Evernote.
If you need to restore your Hazel settings and rules from a backup, use this procedure:
- Quit System Preferences.
- Launch Activity Monitor. While in Activity Monitor, do the following:
- Find HazelHelper. Quit HazelHelper.
- Find cfprefsd. Quit any occurrences that you can (some may be for other accounts and you can’t kill them).
- Restore the following:
- In your Library/Application Support folder, the Hazel folder
- In your Library/Preferences folder, the files starting with com.noodlesoft.
If this doesn’t work, contact support.
Wonderful overview of Hazel’s features from Brooks Duncan for AsianEfficiency.com. Presents a ton of step-by-step examples to get ideas from or get you started.
“Hazel makes everything from tagging and renaming to moving, uploading, and deleting as simple — or complex — as you want it.”
Patrick Lucas Austin