Can you please explain how and why this is done?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I was trolling the support and tips forums and came across this screen grab.…

How did the OP make two rules in the one, and is there a simple rational on why he would have used this method?

Thanks
hansvanderdrift

I worked out how?

Hold down the option key... Now for the why!
hansvanderdrift

hansvanderdrift wrote:I was trolling the support and tips forums and came across this screen grab.…

How did the OP make two rules in the one, and is there a simple rational on why he would have used this method?

Thanks

Hans,

I will take a crack at this one. This is an either or condition. By making the first if an "any" condition, the rule will pass if either of the next if statements is true. The reason this one done was to handle two different cases. The first being where there are no keywords to compare to do the filing. The second is when there are keywords, but they couldn't be matched for some reason. In the first case, the PDF shouldn't go through the filing rules because it will fail. In the second case, it has already gone through the filing rules and failed. With either case, the PDF needs to be moved to another folder for human intervention. This rule is first to clear it our before any other rules try to process it.

Bryan

p.s. This is taken from the Tip located at http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2273
Bryan

Thank you.

It is a lot clearer now.
hansvanderdrift

Return to Support