Copy/Pasted rules from Backup to new Mac; Rules not showing.

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I had to do a full reinstall for a new hard drive, and I've tried copying and pasting the folder of all of my old Hazel rules into the new installation, and I'm having no luck.

When I go into the System Preferences, the options to import new rules aren't there, there. I have to create a folder instead of just importing everything all at once, and it looks like the folder is being put somewhere into the Finder instead of just in the Hazel pref pane.

I'm sure this is the way the app is designed, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to do all of this.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
luckie_reubs

The rules and the folders are separate things. It seems like you didn't restore the preferences (which contains the list of folders). You'll either need to restore those properly or re-construct the folder list then import the rules into each folder.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

What files exactly need to be saved in addition to the rules files?

If additional files need to be saved beyond the rules, could you make it so when you save all rules those files are saved as well. The idea would be to be able to go back to a previous state without having to hook up each set of rules to the corresponding folder.

Thanks.
dragonlady

Here are the instructions for restoring from a backup: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/restoring ... m-backups/

Note that those locations are fairly standard so if you have both the Application Support and Preferences folders backed up, it should cover most apps out there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support