Modify Date Patterns

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Modify Date Patterns Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 pm • by Gasport
I had been using text expander to rename my downloaded financial and utility statements. I use PDF Pen Pro so now if the document is not in OCR format a rule will have PDF Pen Pro do that for me. I then have another rule for each document that checks for certain criteria in the document and renames and moves the document to the appropriate folder sorted by year and month. I came across a situation today where I wanted to rename the file staring with today's date in the format 2014 - 03. I was able to select the year in xxxx format but the month does not appear to offer that option, that is specify the month as always having 2 characters. Is there any way to do this?
Gasport

Re: Modify Date Patterns Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you click on the month, there are different options, include a numerical version which is underlined. This indicates that it requires two digits so it will add the leading zero for a single digit month.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Modify Date Patterns Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:52 am • by Gasport
Thank you so much. Should have tried other options first but just confirms how great your support is..... Worked perfectly...
Gasport

Return to Open Discussion