Auto Create a New Folder in a Folder and Auto Move Files

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I am not sure if this is something Hazel can do but thought I would ask since I don't see how. I have several back up files that get generated in a folder through Cubase and I would like to have all the back up files auto moved to a new folder created by Hazel called "Back-ups".

I know hazel can move files by type in a folder but I would like to monitor a parent folder where all my projects are stored and then in any new projects that are created have it make the folder inside the current project folder and have them in there.

I know for Cubase it won't auto check for new back-ups in another folder if it crashes but that is fine by me. I just want all my interval backups in another folder without having to set up a new rule for each project.
skillet

If I understand you correctly, I think you want Hazel to go into each project folder? In that case, read the sticky article up top about subfolders which should get you started.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Great thanks, it took me a little bit to find the sticky since it was in the support forum, where I guess this post should probably be viewtopic.php?f=4&t=470

That did the trick though, thank you very much!

I don't see a way to upload pictures, or the final rule. Here is a link to a zip file that has the rule and images showing how to do it, in case it helps anyone in the future. It only took me about 30 minutes to get this but I feel like I got a little lucky it worked so quick.

http://bit.ly/1l4QDZN

Thanks again for the help!
skillet

Return to Open Discussion