Hazel Script for nvALT to Devonthink

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hazel Script for nvALT to Devonthink Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm • by pinfo
I found a script to copy notes from nvALT to Evernote (one direction only). Is there a similar script to copy to Devonthink?
pinfo

Re: Hazel Script for nvALT to Devonthink Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 pm • by sjk
I don't know what that nvALT to Evernote script does or see what purpose a similar script for DEVONthink might have. But if you've enabled Global Inbox in Save Dialogs from DEVONthink's Install Add-Ons… window then files added to that Inbox folder, with or without Hazel involved, will be moved to Dt's Global Inbox database when Dt's running. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to accomplish (please explain if I am) a script doesn't seem necessary.
sjk

Re: Hazel Script for nvALT to Devonthink Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 am • by Mr_Noodle
Just a note, please keep question topics out of the Tips forum. The sticky article near the top there should indicate that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel Script for nvALT to Devonthink Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:10 am • by ferdinandcc
I use Notational Velocity, not nvALT, but I *assume* my Hazel rule + Automator workflow would work for it, as well... Check out http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2189. It'll take all your notes and archive them into the specified folder/group of a specified DEVONthink Pro Office database, bypassing the Global Inbox and the need for sorting through all the notes later by hand.

I haven't found information on if the Automator actions are available for all varieties of DEVONthink, or just for DEVONthink Pro Office, but I'm making a second assumption that they are.
ferdinandcc

Re: Hazel Script for nvALT to Devonthink Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:04 am • by sjk
ferdinandcc wrote:I haven't found information on if the Automator actions are available for all varieties of DEVONthink, or just for DEVONthink Pro Office, but I'm making a second assumption that they are.

Only Pro and Pro Office, according to the Automate section under the Integrate tab on this page:

Compare all editions of DEVONthink and DEVONnote for Mac - DEVONtechnologies
sjk

Return to Open Discussion