Creating a Rotating Video Repository

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Creating a Rotating Video Repository Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 am • by learned
Ok, I know I'm a bit whacked, but I'm looking for a way to get a constantly refreshing selection of videos to watch from my iPad. Here's the scenario. I travel constantly and am quite often in places where I have little or no network connectivity. I'd love to watch videos in these times, but I can quickly go through whatever is synced on my device and am not home enough to resync it.

So, what I thought of, is using dropbox and goodreader. I can load videos into goodreader to watch at anytime, then delete them after watching. I don't want to fill my dropbox with a ton of videos however so I'd like to randomly copy like 10 from my video directory tree into a dropbox directory. I would then have another hazel task that would purge them after x days to allow for a constantly rotating selection.

Any ideas how I might go about doing something that crazy?
learned

Re: Creating a Rotating Video Repository Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Sounds pretty simple actually. Just have Hazel monitor that folder and do something like "If date added is not in the last x days, Move to Trash". Alternatively, you can do something like "date added is not among the 10 most recent" to throw away everything except the 10 most recently added files.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion