Who Can Help me with a backup rule?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Who Can Help me with a backup rule? Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm • by rspike1278
Hi
I' m attempting to create a backup rule.
I have a folder named "Lesson" which contains other 3 folders "a" "b" "c" for example
I need hazel to monitor the "lesson" folder and sync it into a folder named "backup lesson" which is in my external hard drive.
I need that everytime I put some files or just rename a file in any of the subfolders (a,b,c) or in the main folder "lesson"
Hazel syncs into my "backup lesson" folder.

I need that cause I usually add into the "lesson" folder new audio files of my college' s
lessons and after adding them I rename the files.

basically I need that every time I change something in my lesson folder Hazel syncs into my backup folder.
I don't want to use dropbox cause the files are too big.

How Can I set a rule to do that?
rspike1278

Re: Who Can Help me with a backup rule? Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Check out my post here: http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1593&p=6500&hilit=sync+rule#p6500

It's a generic rule to sync a folder if anything changes underneath it. Keep in mind that if the folder tree is particular large, it can use up resources. In such a case, I'd suggest maybe adding a condition like "If date last matched is not in the last 1 hour" (say, to only have it do it hourly) or using the current time attribute to have it trigger on a schedule.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Who Can Help me with a backup rule? Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 am • by rspike1278
thanks man…It works great
rspike1278

Return to Open Discussion