Organizing the rules in pref pane

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Organizing the rules in pref pane Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am • by pbinderup
I really like and enjoy using Hazel - I have one annoyance in the program and that is, it's fast to lose an overviews of what the rules does.

I have a bunch of rules that works on a bunch of subfolders within a project - looking in the prefpane I can't easily figure out what project the rules are connected to (without adding unneeded descriptions to the foldername).

I would love if I could create a collection of rules (nest them in a tree like structure - just one level would be fine) give that collection a name that makes it easier to navigate through many rules applied to several projects.
pbinderup

Re: Organizing the rules in pref pane Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 am • by Mr_Noodle
The order of the rules is important so reordering and grouping will interfere with that. Also, it is many times the case when someone has a ton of rules that they can be boiled down to just a few by use of pattern matching. Search the help for "match patterns" for more information on that. If you post more specific details about your particular rules, I can give you more specific advice on how to deal with it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion