Hazel + Automator + Transmit Hiccups

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hazel + Automator + Transmit Hiccups Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 pm • by joemillerftw
I am using Hazel in combination with other various tools such as Automator and Transmit to build an automation workflow for our photo and video post production teams. Much of the process has been working out great.

I am however having trouble with the FTP uploading part of this workflow. It is configured as follows.

Folder : Upload to Service - Contains subfolders named corresponding to the relevant project. each subfolder contains subfolders full of images.

The goal is to upload each project's root subfolder and all it's contents to an ftp location. The process always starts out fine, but after uploading one project, it then for some reason goes back and tries to upload the entire Upload to Service Folder to the ftp location instead of it's contents so in the ftp location i end up with a hierarchy like the following....

> ftp location
> ftp location>project name
> ftp location>project name
> ftp location>Upload to Service
> ftp location>Upload to Service>project name
> ftp location>Upload to Service>project name

It's effectively duplicating the process with two folder structures. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

I am also noticing that with hazel and transmit working together through automator, Transmit is only uploading one file at a time even though the application preferences clearly allow more than that simultaneously. This makes the overall process much slower than it could be without automation.

Is there something that can be added to the automator workflow other than the upload action to get around the single file simultaneous upload limitation?
joemillerftw

Re: Hazel + Automator + Transmit Hiccups Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:53 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Could you post (or email support) with a screenshot of your rule? I suspect you have the rule set up to match more files and folders than you intended.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion