PSA: Please enable sending system profile info

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

In case you haven't noticed, in Hazel's Info section, you'll find a checkbox for "Include anonymous system profile." If you haven't already, please enable this option:

systemprofile.png

Why? Because the information it sends is quite valuable to me in planning future releases. It lets me know what kind of systems and configurations are out there. Consider it a way of voting for your configuration and usage. When the decision to continue or drop support for a specific OS release comes up, this is the data I consult. It's also helpful for determining features. If a huge proportion use laptops, then I know that I need to be more concerned with battery life or take into account the same machine being on different networks at different times. If you want to have a say in shaping the future direction of things, this is a key way to do it.

It's anonymous and I don't give out the information, except maybe in aggregate (like saying X% of my users run the latest OS). The "More Info..." button will show exactly what gets transmitted so there shouldn't be any surprises there.

Thanks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion