Nesting Help

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Nesting Help Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 am • by collegechurch
Just upgraded to Hazel 3 and am trying to learn the new features. Trying to reproduce the rule on http://www.noodlesoft.com/whatsnew.html, but I'm stuck after "size is among the 3 highest." How do you un-nest the next condition of Current Time? I can't figure out how to make it go back to the left to line up with Kind above.

Is this possible, or do you need to enter all the other conditions before you nest anything? :?:
collegechurch

Re: Nesting Help Wed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Drag the row downwards. Observe the drop area change as you do it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Nesting Help Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 am • by collegechurch
I tried dragging it down and it didn't work, but dragging it left did. Thanks.
collegechurch

Re: Nesting Help Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm • by Mr_Noodle
It should be down (and testing it here, that's how it works). It might just be when you dragged it left that you went down a bit. You have to pass a vertical threshold before it considers the row belonging to the lower part.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Nesting Help Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 am • by collegechurch
I definitely dragged it down several times and it didn't seem to work. Not sure why. But when I dragged it left it did. Hmmm ...
collegechurch

Re: Nesting Help Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:22 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Can you record of video of this and post if somewhere?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Nesting Help Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:50 am • by collegechurch
If you drag it down too far it doesn't work. That was my problem. Just drag it a little and the space underneath will darken. Then release. To move it back to the right, drag right.

Mr_Noodle: Hazel is a great product, but from an interface design standpoint I question this behavior. You drag right to move it right, but drag down to move it left. That's not intuitive. It seems that it it should be drag right to move right, drag left to move left. Would you mind telling us the rationale for not making it that way?
collegechurch

Re: Nesting Help Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:00 pm • by Mr_Noodle
That's not how it works for me which is why I'm asking for a video of this. Dragging up associates it with the nested condition above it. Dragging it down disassociates it from from the condition above it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion