Daily back-up file from System Library

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Daily back-up file from System Library Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 am • by Scooter-IT
I am want to copy a back-up file that is daily generated by a CRM application that is stored in a folder in the system library.

Simply want to copy the new file to drop-box to have a disaster proof off site back-up of the client data.

I am new to Hazel. My attempts with Automator failed. Any help is very well appreciated !!!!

Smiles across the wires,

Rogier
Scooter-IT

Re: Daily back-up file from System Library Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am • by Mr_Noodle
Have Hazel monitor the folder containing the file, set up a rule to match that file and copy it. I'm not sure where you are getting stuck so if you could provide more info, that would be helpful.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Daily back-up file from System Library Sun May 27, 2012 11:51 pm • by ecormany
Hazel could copy the files into your Dropbox folder, but unless you really want two local copies, why not just put a symlink to the folder inside your Dropbox?

Hazel is great, but it's not always necessary!
ecormany

Re: Daily back-up file from System Library Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 pm • by alexande
Mr_Noodle wrote:Have Hazel monitor the folder containing the file, set up a rule to match that file and copy it. I'm not sure where you are getting stuck so if you could provide more info, that would be helpful.

Yes,that's right.
alexande

Re: Daily back-up file from System Library Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 am • by Scooter-IT
Sorry for my late reply, I was traveling:

Here is the folder structure from the Mac Mini Server running 10.6.8:

HD > Library > ST > Frontbase > Backups > STX.fb

The STX.fb folder receives a daily backup from the CRM database. Witch is a approximately 145MB compressed file. All I want to do is to have a copy of the STX.fb folder with the daily generated new file on Drop Box.

Sounds all simple but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions????
Scooter-IT

Re: Daily back-up file from System Library Thu May 31, 2012 4:51 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Please read the troubleshooting article stickied in the support forum and report back with more details about how it is not working.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion