Add items to iTunes- possible?

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Add items to iTunes- possible? Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 am • by iGirl
I'm wondering if there's a way to use Hazel set up a "watched folder" for iTunes media? Such a folder would automatically update my iTunes account with whatever readable files that were added - automatically - transparently.

examples -
iTunes/TV Shows >watches> External HDD/MyTVrecordings
iTunes/Movies >watches> ExternalHDD/h.264MovieFiles

Currently - I have to manually ADD new items to iTunes to be able to access them with AppleTV and/or iOS devices.

Also IMPORTANT - in advanced preferences there is an option to DESELECT/Copy files to iTunes Media Library so I'm not having storage redundancy.) It would need to do this as well - and not just blindly copy the entire files into iTunes.

Thanks!
iGirl

Re: Add items to iTunes- possible? Mon May 14, 2012 2:49 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Have you tried Hazel's "Import into iTunes" action? Or is there something else you are trying to do?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Add items to iTunes- possible? Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm • by iGirl
I don't use/haven't purchased the program as of yet so I can't "try" anything.

I'm hoping to learn if there is such a possibility as setting up "watched" folders for iTunes, that also do not copy the actual files - but replicate the "Add Without Copying" function of iTunes.
iGirl

Re: Add items to iTunes- possible? Tue May 15, 2012 3:10 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I recommend running it in trial mode so you can try it yourself. Hazel uses iTunes to do the import so whatever settings are there in terms of copying or not will be used.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion