Hazel 2.x download

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hazel 2.x download Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am • by johntdyer
Where can I download the old version ? I don't want to pay $15.00 for an upgrade but I reinstalled and I need to download the old version. Is there a link for the old artifacts?

-John
johntdyer

Re: Hazel 2.x download Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:08 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Please email support for info. If you already installed 3.x, I need to send you more detailed info on how to downgrade as the new rule format will not work with the old version.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel 2.x download Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:12 pm • by johntdyer
Can you just post here so others who might have the same question can benefit? Yes I installed 3.0 so I need the link for 2 and the instructions for removing 3. Thank you

-John
johntdyer

Re: Hazel 2.x download Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Not really because I don't want a link to 2.x spreading around without context. Support for it is going away and I don't want people installing it without that knowledge.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel 2.x download Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:14 pm • by nate
I too could use this info.
I couldn't get any of my old rules to work in the new 3.
So I will go back to the unsupported version 2 that just worked.
I thank you in advance.
I will just have to travel the road ahead with out support. It has worked well for the last 1.5 years.....
I'm just afraid that every 1.5-2 years I'll be forced to pay 15.00-25.00 for support...... aka upgrades
Which I don't mind doing at all.
We have to pay to keep Good & great coders like yourself going.
Just for me and my simple purposes the upgrade isn't warranted.
nate

Re: Hazel 2.x download Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I've already emailed you the link/instructions.

Please keep in mind it's probably better for the long term if you work with me to figure out why your rules aren't working as there's no reason why they shouldn't. You have given me no information for me to diagnose and correct the problem and support for 2.x will disappear eventually.

Also, I have not charged for a Hazel update in the 5+ years of its existence until now, so, I don't know where you get the notion of having to pay every 1.5-2 years. I don't do major updates lightly or frequently.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel 2.x download Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 am • by nate
Sorry I did not mean to ruffle any feathers.
I have only been a user for 1.5-2 years.
I will bite the bullet and see why these rules are not working.
I didn't realize that I needed to give you information as to why the rules weren't working.... when all I was wanting to do was revert back to V2.
I will install V3.
And we can go from there as via you instructions I'm unable to get V2 running.
I understand this is completely my fault.
I thought I would give V3 a shot.
My rules weren't working in V3 so I wanted to revert back to what was working.
Again my apologies......
nate

Re: Hazel 2.x download Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:30 pm • by Mr_Noodle
As far as your rules go, it would be of greater benefit to everyone if you actually worked with me to figure out why they aren't working. Just reverting back to the old version without giving me a chance to diagnose the problem will just delay the problem until later when you find you have to upgrade again.

Also, sorry if I was a bit snippy about the upgrades but I didn't want anyone to get the false notion that I'm doing paid upgrades that frequently. There are people out there who have complained about me charging for an upgrade, many times based on incorrect data, like what you implied with the 1.5-2 year cycle. Just remember that the product pre-dates your use of it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion