Delaying moving a file

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Delaying moving a file Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:02 pm • by SteveH
I have a number of Hazel rules such as the one below to help organise my downloads folder.

ImageClick for large view

While Safari can work with the files moving immediately after download Google Chrome sees them as being deleted.

Is there a better way to organise this so it will only happen a few minutes after the download? I can't see a way to do this with multiple file type selected via 'ANY' and modification attribute selected via 'ALL'.

Any feedback on this would be welcome.
SteveH

Re: Delaying moving a file Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The current version of Hazel doesn't detect Google Chrome partial downloads so it may move them before the download is finished. Version 3 (currently in beta) does. In the meantime, you can add a rule to ignore files with the crdownload extension.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Delaying moving a file Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:25 pm • by SteveH
Mr_Noodle wrote:Version 3 (currently in beta)

That sounds good. Thanks for the update.

The filter is only moving the file once it becomes a zip file or dmg etc. Safari seems to be able to track these within its download manger where Chrome doesn't.

Although there's a lot I really like about Chrome, I've moved back to Safari for a variety of reasons not just now.
SteveH

Re: Delaying moving a file Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:26 pm • by SteveH
Mr_Noodle wrote:Version 3 (currently in beta)

That sounds good. Thanks for the update.

The filter is only moving the file once it becomes a zip file or dmg etc. Safari seems to be able to track these within its download manger where Chrome doesn't.

Although there's a lot I really like about Chrome, I've moved back to Safari for a variety of reasons not just this.
SteveH

Return to Open Discussion